Privacy & Customer Policy
eurpeople is entirely committed to protecting confidentiality, privacy and personal information collected from candidates when they first register with us, when we evaluate their skills, when we match them to jobs and when we put them forward to our clients.
eurpeople retains personal data on every candidate once they register a CV with us. This personal data includes information such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, personal service company details and financial information such as bank account details together with current, past and future employment details. When candidates become our employees or contractors, any further personal information collected or generated as a result of our relationship, is also safeguarded and protected from access by unauthorised individuals. Where a client requests it, eurpeople may be required to undertake other lawful checks where necessary.
To ensure that the information we hold on our database is as accurate and up-to-date as possible, eurpeople asks its candidates to update their registration details and CV at least once every 6 months. It relies on candidates supplying an exact, complete and comprehensive profile of themselves and their requirements. We only ask for and record, personal information that will help us to place candidates in the jobs best suited to them, and we will not pass on any personal information without the consent of the candidate or the referee. Personal information passed to us by clients will be treated in the same way.
Data Storage, Accessibility and Supply
Candidate’s personal data will be saved on a database. eurpeople produces a summary profile of each candidate’s knowledge, skills and experience using the data supplied, together with references and any other checks referred to above. It is this information that will be forwarded to clients, but made anonymous by the removal of contact details, such as telephone numbers, postal addresses and e-mail addresses. All data stored on the database is available to eurpeople’s employees and sales consultants, who undertake searches to match client requirements with candidates on the database. These searches use essential data such as dates of availability, location, skills and remuneration required. This information is retained to facilitate the search and selection process.
A candidate’s personal details are only available internally to authorised eurpeople employees. eurpeople will not supply any recruitment agency, or client with a candidate’s personal data without the express permission of that candidate. However, if eurpeople is unable to contact a candidate within a given time period, priority may be given to another more easily contactable candidate, or to one who has authorised the distribution of their data at an earlier stage.
Information collected by us will not be sold, rented or licensed to anyone else. When the information is no longer of use to us, we will destroy it in a manner that protects the privacy of the individual. Likewise, you have the option of having your details deleted from eurpeople’s database at any time, upon request.
We strive to protect data transmitted to us over the Internet but because such transmissions cannot always be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we do not warrant the security of personal information transmitted in this way, but we will make every effort to make it secure on our own systems.
Personal information held by us is available for review by the individual in accordance with the provisions of current legislation.
Collection of Personal and Sensitive Information
We only want you to give us personal information that is relevant to the job you are applying for or that you want us to use in finding you a future job. If you provide such information we understand you want us to use it for this purpose.
Personal information will be collected from you directly when you submit an application through our web site, by e-mail or fax etc.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- We receive any reference about you;
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test;
- We receive feedback on your performance in the workplace (whether positive or negative);
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- You provide us with any additional information about yourself.
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible placement in a contract or permanent job;
- Your performance appraisals and/or our assessment of your performance and prospects;
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests) that you might be required to undergo;
- Our (or our client’s) identification of your training needs;
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- Our clients and your potential and actual employers;
- Our associated companies and subsidiaries;
- Our insurers;
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- Our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our IT contractors and database developers;
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
If you do not give us the information we seek we may be limited in our ability to find suitable work for you.
You can gain access to your information. The Privacy Act / Data Protection Act sets out your rights to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information that we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about how eurpeople can cater for your needs contact us at the following:
eurpeople Recruitment Ltd
South Point House, 321 Chase Road
London, N14 6JT, United Kingdom
Middle East Rep Office
eurpeople ME Recruitment Ltd
PO Box 309, Girne
Mersin 10, Turkey